Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Home Stretch

At this time in a week I will be arriving home in Washington D.C. my finals are all over for the most part and the only things standing in between me and America are an end of semester reception, day trips to Narbonne and Avignon, and a lot of packing since I have yet to begin that daunting task. The last few days I spent living up Montpellier since my classes for the most part have ended I have a lot more free time on my hands. On Monday our office hosted a Raclette Party. Raclette is a type of cheese from the mountainous region in France that is eaten in the winter melted on different meats and potatoes and it is absolutely delicious. Our office broke out 4 raclette melting machines and you put a slice of raclette in the bottom and while that melts you can fry some meat on the top part. This dinner was amazing and also super filling.


Nate and I enjoying the raclette feast

RACLETTEEEEEE

Wednesday I had my Medieval Literature presentation and my Grammar exam. My grammar class marked the last time I was ever going to go to our university so I decided to document it. Don't get too excited unlike most of France our campus is super ugly and there is really nothing nice about it, it is also like the worst university in France just to warn you haha.

Here comes the tram, direction: Mosson

The stop for Paul Valery University

The sign...with a crooked a



Batiment H (the building my grammar class was in)

Standard bathroom on campus, yes this is a hole in the floor
More to come this weekend after my day trips, see you all in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment